True to the philosophy of the American writer Henry David Thoreau, who inspired Hermann Hesse as well as Mahatma Ghandi, and after whose collection of essays the WALDEN is named, the principle of simple simplicity reigns at all levels.
An unexcited world cuisine is served, complemented by a varied breakfast offer and coffee and cakes in the afternoon. The restaurant comprises 100 seats, the sun terrace additionally of 130 seats.
Table reservation in Walden – Terms and Conditions:
Reservations made by e-mail or contact form can only be processed during normal business hours Mon-Fri: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Reservation: for dining only!
- up to 10 people are required to make reservations by phone
- from 10 people we ask you to make reservations by e-mail
- Reservations between 11:00 and 18:00 are not possible on weekend days and public
- Dining on a classic table is not possible in Walden. The furniture includes round and oval tables with a capacity of up to 8 people – these can be put together on request.
- Payment method: Debit cards from €10, credit cards from €50.00, cash, on account from €250.00. For smaller sums, payment must be made in cash or by card (an invoice can of course be created afterwards). Separate payment is only possible up to 20 people, from 20 persons we ask for payment on total invoice
- Invoice: The sending of an invoice is possible in principle, after prior indication of the invoice recipient by e-mail
- Cancellation: Cancellations for 10 persons or more by e-mail (up to 10 people by phone / Walden +0049 69 – 92 88 27 00). Very short-term cancellations are also possible by phone from 10 people. For groups of 20 or more, a reservation is no longer free of charge 3 days before reserved/confirmed date. We will charge a fee of €20.00 per person. Cancellation deadlines: If possible, please inform us about the final number of attending persons one day before the reservation
- In case of unannounced absence on the day of reservation, we will charge 20,00 € per guest who did not show up. We ask for your understanding!
OPENING HOURS RESTAURANT: